Thursday, September 19, 2013

Get Busy Living



"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really.  Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne,  The Shawshank Redemption

OK people.  It's been a while since this has been updated.  It has been a crazy summer and it is time to start updating.  On one hand, I feel bad that it has been so long since I've added a new post, but on the other hand it's has been because I've been so busy living life!  I will try and add new posts on a regular basis now, but I have to tell you that since my last post, I feel like a different person. 

Since you've last read an update, I have traveled to Europe for the first time in my life (amazing and life changing), attended Bhakti Fest Midwest (awesome experience), spent some serious quality time with my sons, Grant and Ben (they are growing up way too fast, and becoming incredible young men), raced the half iron distance Superior Man Triathlon with some great friends (top ten in my age group and new PR by 26 minutes!), met my fundraising goal for the Chicago Marathon with Team in Training (now I can focus on the running and the Marathon on October 13), found out I was selected as a Ragnar Ambassador for Madison to Chicago next year (see previous blog for Ragnar Report), got the chance to go to Atlanta for the Alabama vs. Virginia Tech Game (Roll Tide Roll!), finished the Burpee Challenge for the third time (and starting a new one next Monday ending New Year's Eve...who's in??), and am really starting to get pumped (and nervous) for the Go Ruck Challenge in St. Louis!

It hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows.  I've struggled with some personal issues, wondering if some of the life decisions I've made have been the right ones, missed my boys so bad it hurt when they went back home, lost one of my favorite personal trainers and motivators when she moved to Austi , tried to help others with their own struggles, and had many days when I just felt down, sad, tired, or all of the above.  

Each one of these probably deserves it's own blog post, and I'm sure as the days and weeks go by I'll share my thoughts and feelings on all of them, for those who care to know.  But one must never get caught up in living through others, and spending to much time comparing your life to the life of people you know or hear about.  Live your own life, get out and make your own memories.  Become the person you want to be. 

Get busy living, or get busy dying. 




No comments:

Post a Comment